Submission Deadline: 5:00pm, Friday, December 8, 2017
Prefer to complete a PDF version and email it? Download: Community Service Nomination Form
The REX Awards are the most prestigious standards of achievement within the office, industrial and mixed-use real estate industry. The Community Service Award is one of the individual honourary REX Awards presented annually by the Board of Directors of NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter. The Community Service Award is given each year to a member of the Greater Toronto Area commercial real estate industry to recognize his/her outstanding involvement and contributions in community service. The award recognizes service rendered unselfishly within the community but outside of the real estate industry. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The Nominee must be well known in the real estate community as someone who is or has been actively involved in the commercial real estate industry in the GTA. It is not necessary that the Nominee is a member of NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter.
- The award recipient shall be selected from among the nominees based upon his/her contributions and achievements as described by the nominators. The Nomination Form must have attached a descriptive story accurately detailing how the Nominee's volunteering efforts have contributed, inspired, and shown leadership. The nature of the community service may take any form, but must represent a significant contribution of time and effort and have made a significant difference to the charitable/volunteer organization or the community to which the effort is given.
- Nominations must be delivered by 5:00pm on Friday, December 8, 2017.
- Nominations may be made by any member in good standing with NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter.
- Nominees must consent to their nomination prior to their nomination being considered by NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter.
- Nominations must be completed in accordance with the Nomination Form.
- Use the boxes below to insert the 2-part explanation for your nomination: Part 1 is the Nominee’s Story (why you believe he/she deserves the Lifetime Achievement Award) and Part 2 is a brief Biography of the Nominee. Each part may not exceed two typewritten pages, minimum 10-pt Times Roman Numeral font, double spaced on 8 1/2” x 11” white paper. Letters of support may be appended to the nomination.
- Online submissions via this website form are electronically delivered to the NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter administration office and entered into the judging process. When a submission is successfully received, an acknowledgment email will be sent the following business day to the Nominator.
- Nominator please note: further to point 6, if the acknowledgement email does not come by the next business day it is the Nominator's responsibility to follow up with the NAIOP administration office to ensure the submission is received.
Award Selection Process
- All Nominations shall be reviewed by a Sub-committee of the NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter REX Advisory Committee.
- The Recipient shall be selected by the NAIOP Greater Toronto Board of Directors prior to December 20, 2017.
- The NAIOP REX Advisory committee reserves the right to determine the outcome of all award submissions and the issuing of awards in any given year.
- The Recipient shall be recognized at the REX Awards Gala on March 22, 2018.
Accuracy: The Nominator is responsible for accurate and complete entry of all names, titles, companies and other information. NAIOP and its agents assume no responsibility for publishing erroneous information resulting from inaccuracies in the submission form.
Privacy Statement: The information collected on this form will be used for the sole purpose of administering the NAIOP REX Awards. The applicant understands that the winner’s name will be announced at the REX Gala and may be published on the NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter website and in other media announcements.
Please click Submit Entry just once. It may take a minute for your information to upload to the website. When finished, a message will appear on your screen confirming transmission.